Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Stigli smo~we arrived!

We've actually done a great deal more than that; we arrived, settled into our hostel, explored various areas of Skpje (the albanian-influenced old city across the bridge, the city center, the largest Roma settlement in the Balkans Šutka), were part of the studio audience for a round of "Macedonian Idol", spent a day and a night in Ohrid, a picturesque town in Southwest Macedonia, met with three NGOs in Skopje, and sampled many restaurants, bakeries, and slatkise (confectioneries of sorts). I do not have the cable to connect my camera to the computer but when I get my hands on it I promise many many pictures. And anecdotes.

Sorry to keep this so brief but we have a wonderfully full schedule. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment